- Your Actions Really Do Speak Louder than Words
The benefits of early reading range from increased intelligence and self-confidence to providing youngsters with an activity you can feel good about while you take care of the business of running your home or business. While investing in educational toys and books is essential, you'll also need to set an example by:
- Reading to your child
- Reading for your own personal enjoyment
- Pointing out familiar words
- Sharing your enthusiasm for learning new things via the written word
- Taking your child to the library often
Your child will learn to love what you love, so set a good example by demonstrating that you value reading. When he sees you deriving pleasure from reading a book, he'll want to do the same.